Fast Of Maa Laxmi
Maha Lakshmi Vrat is observed for 16 days from the Ashtami of Bhadrapad-Shukla Paksha to Ashtami of Ashwin-Krishna Paksha. These dates fall around September each year. This is a very holy time to offer rigorous and precise prayer to Goddess Lakshmi for wealth and prosperity.
It is believed the importance of Maha Lakshmi Vrat was first explained to Yudhishthir by Lord Krishna. This Vrat is observed for 16 days and fulfills every wish of the devotee. This puja is believed to bring immense wealth, fortunes, prosperity, love, happiness, and luck to the devotees.
At Diwali night also Goddess Lakshmi is worshiped along with Lord ganesha and Goddess Saraswati .
How to do the puja Of Goddess Maa Laxmi :
Every region and every devotee has their own way of offering prayers to Goddess Lakshmi. All methods are correct. The Goddess look for only true devotion and dedication.
However, some rituals have been listed for this puja that are given below:
1. Put the Lakshmi `murti` or statue or picture on a wooden `chauki` or plank
3. Cover statue or picture with red chunni or chunnar.
4. Place a kalash on some rice, on NE side of puja place
5. Put water, coins in kalash, and cover the mouth of Kalash with mango or betel leaves
6. Put a coconut wrapped in red cloth on the kalash
7. Make swastik signs on kalash and coconut with yellow chandan, vermillion, turmeric, sindoor, kumkum etc
8. Keep `akhand jyoti` or continuously burning Ghee diya on SE side of Kalash. If you can not maintain `akhand jyoti`, its alright. Just light diya and agarbatti, every morning and evening for the puja
9. Offer bhog/prasad everyday and read any prayer or mantra devoted to Goddess Lakshmi, morning and evening .
10. Tie a thread (mauli or kalawa) with 16 knots on your `kalaii` or wrist. Women usually tie on left wrist and men on right wrist
OM Shrim Hrim Shrim Kamle
Kamalalaye Praseed Praseed
Shrim Hrim Shrim